The Challenge &
Swim the Reef
The Challenge - 3 Kilometres and Swim the Reef
22nd October 2022
This day has both a serious race and race distance, and also an opportunity for those that simply want to enjoy a swim over the Great Barrier Reef – that opportunity to just do so. Held around a 1 Km course over Moore Reef 50 kms off Cairns.
The 3KM Challenge
The Pontoon takes a maximum of 300 people – and we have exclusive use of it and the entire boat for the day. However, it is 300 people only
– so secure your spot.
A Full Day out on the Great Barrier Reef from Quicksilver:
- Return boat trip to the reef – approximately 1.5 hours in each direction across the stunning Barrier Reef waters. Departing Cairns Marina approximately 8.30 am (TBA.)
- Morning and afternoon teas on board.
- Reef presentation by marine biologist.
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch.
- All snorkelling equipment provided.
- Stinger/Lycra Suits provided if desired.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision throughout the swims and stay on the reef
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew]
- Medical Support
- Return approximately 5.30pm
Swim the Reef - 1Km
These are the inclusions:
All swims include:
- A full day out on the Great Barrier Reef, Social functions and other events and benefits
- Pre-race briefing
- Race course marked out by buoys and a truly spectacular venue
- The race….
- The most gorgeous ocean swim you will ever take part in
- A chance at seeing Nemo and a 100% likelihood of seeing beautiful marine life, coral and blue, blue ocean.
- Warm-up and the most beautiful swim down opportunities you will ever experience.
- Timing information
- Underwater and above water photography, drone coverage and videos for all competitors
- Merchandise package including Race Swim Cap, Participation Medal, Equipment bag, Baseball Cap
- Access to Ocean Swim Clinic with Australian Olympic Coach (Limited space.) Click here for information
- Evening Social Functions, with guest speaker/Q&A from the swimming world, including our event ambassador, Triple Olympic Gold Medalist, Leisel Jones OAM, who will also be attending all the 2022 swims. Click here.
- A swim like no other.