Great Barrier Reef Ocean Swim Series
The 2022 Races:
- The 2022 Classics – 4th September – Moore Reef (50 Kms off Cairns) – a 3kms or 5kms race, in age bands, around a 1km course.
- 22nd October – Moore Reef (50 Kms off Cairns) The Challenge – a 3kms race around a 1km course plus, ‘Swim the Reef‘ – 1Km fun swim – where fins and snorkels are all allowed.
All swims include:
- Pre- Race briefing
- Warm-up and the most beautiful swim down opportunities you will ever experience.
- Timing information
- Underwater and above water photography, drone coverage and videos for all competitors
- Merchandise package including Race Swim Cap, Participation Medal, Equipment bag, Baseball Cap
- Access to Ocean Swim Clinic with Australian Olympic Coach (Limited space.) Click here for information
- Evening Social Functions, with guest speaker/Q&A from the swimming world, including our event ambassador, Triple Olympic Gold Medalist, Leisel Jones OAM, who will also be attending all the 2022 swims.
- A swim like no other.
A Full Day out on the Great Barrier Reef from Quicksilver:
- Return boat trip to the reef – approximately 1.5 hours in each direction across the stunning Barrier Reef waters. Departing either Cairns or Port Douglas Marina.
- Morning and afternoon teas on board.
- Reef presentation by marine biologist.
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch.
- All snorkelling equipment provided.
- Stinger/Lycra Suits provided if desired.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision throughout the swims and stay on the reef
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew]
- Medical Support
The 2022 Classics – 4th September 2022. Either a 3 or 5kms Race around a 1Km course, based from the Great Adventures Pontoon, located 50kms off Cairns. Mens, Ladies, age groups: Up to 29 years on the date of the swim, 30/39, 40/49, 50/59, 60+ to include all benefits listed on the left, $449.00 per swimmer, $429 Early Bird special (19 March – 10 April 2022.) Maximum 300 swimmers in total.
The 2022 Challenge & ‘Swim the Reef’ – 22nd October 2022. Either 3kms Race, or a more leisurely 1km ‘Swim the Reef’, around a 1Km course, based from the Great Adventures Pontoon, located 50kms off Cairns. 3km Race for Mens & Ladies, age groups: Up to 29 years on date of the swim, 30/39, 40/49, 50/59, 60+ to include all benefits listed on the left, $449.00 per swimmer, $429 Early Bird special (19 March – 10 April 2022.) Maximum 300 swimmers in total.
Early bird entries open 19th March, close midnight 18th April
We have a 15% discount with both the Novotel and Pullman in Cairns – click here for details.