Great Barrier Reef Ocean Swim Series
- All swimmers must be over the age of 14 on the day of the swim
- All swimmers are required to attend/be present at the time of the safety briefing
- All swimmers are required to start the swim at the starting pontoon and in the ‘wave’ number the have been allocated
- All swimmers are expected to uphold good sportsmanship, other behaviours are not acceptable and may result in disqualification. The determination of whether an act is deemed unsportsmanlike is at the sole discretion of the Event Director/s.
- All swimmers are required to heed to all the directions and instructions given by any staff (Quicksilver etc.), event officials, event volunteers and lifeguards.
- All swimmers are required to swim the course as instructed in the swim package and safety briefing. Swimming off-course may result in disqualification.
- All swimmers are required to wear the swimming cap provided in the entry package for the entire swim. It must be visible for event officials, other staff and volunteers.
- No swimmers in the relay swim, and any of the 3km & 5km swims are permitted to wear or use any device that would aid their speed or buoyancy. Event swim cap, googles, nose clip and earplugs may be used in all events.
- Swimmers in the 1km Participation swim are allowed to use any additional devices such as fins, snorkels, floatation aids etc.
- No swimmer may use alcohol or any illegal drugs, stimulants, depressants or other substances with the intent to improve their performance, eliminate the sense of fatigue or for any other purpose.
- Lifeguards and the Official Event Director/s shall have the authority to remove a competitor from the swim if the swimmer is judged to be physically incapable of starting/continuing the swim without risk of serious injury or death.
- No swimmer may use outside assistance, except from that provided by event officials.
- No swimmer may purposely obstruct or impede the progress of another swimmer in the field, this is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Participation in Great Barrier Reef Ocean Swim Series events is at the discretion of the Event Director/s who reserves the right to reject or withdraw any swimmer
- The Event Director/s decision is final.
- Any protests regarding decisions made by the Event Director/s must be made in person and received by the Event Director/s within two hours of finishing the event.
Full event Terms & Conditions can be found here